We are glad to announce the competition for the fulfillment of the vacant position – Investigator at the Business Ombudsman Council.
Who we are:
The Business Ombudsman Council is a non-governmental organization and an independent permanent advisory body of the Cabinet of Ministers, established with the participation of the EBRD, the OECD, leading Ukrainian business associations and the Government. The BOC reviews B2G complaints concerning malpractice of state bodies. For more than 6 years the BOC protects business interests of Ukrainian and international companies and entrepreneurs against the actions of state or municipal bodies or their authorities. Most of the complaints concern tax (65%) and criminal (15%) legal issues.
* – Please note that we will not consider candidates with work experience in state or municipal authorities and businesses within the scope of their administration for previous 3 years.
What we offer:
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply by emailing their CV (not exceeding 2 pages) along with a Motivation Letter in English with the subject line “Vacancy of Investigator” on email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in the next stage of the process (which include a written task and an interview).
- Master’s degree in law;
- Significant post-qualification experience (at least 5 years) with an international or top-tier law firm or Big 4*;
- Experience in one of the following areas: taxation, criminal proceedings, customs, land and real estate, public procurement, energy and natural resources;
- Experience in conducting complex investigations and/or litigations and managing own case load;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex legal, commercial and financial information;
- Strong advocacy and liaison skills and proven ability to communicate with peers as well as to communicate with and manage BOC stakeholders;
- Thorough understanding of BOC’s mission, mandate and processes together with high moral standards;
- Experience in conducting due diligence;
- Excellent command of English and Ukrainian, both written and spoken, together with the ability to draft in English and Ukrainian to a very high standard;
- A degree in economics or finance will be advantage.
- Conduct investigations into allegations of business malpractice (corruption and other violations of the legitimate interests of businesses) in accordance BOC’s Internal Rules of Procedure;
- Conduct in-depth researches on relevant laws, regulations, case law and legal articles relevant to the investigations;
- Liaise with complainants, witnesses, state- and private-owned enterprises, individual entrepreneurs and governmental authorities in the context of investigations;
- Prepare correspondence with complainants;
- Write detailed, high quality investigation reports including findings, analysis and recommendations;
- Monitor the implementation of the recommendations;
- Maintain and analyse data/statistics derived from conducted investigations;
- Participate in expert groups;
- Assist DBOs with systemic reports drafting;
- Other duties related to investigations and BOC’s daily work as required.
- Competitive salary pegged to the USD exchange rate;
- Health insurance after the probation period (A++);
- Challenging assignments in a dynamic environment and different industries and legal spheres;
- Semi-remote type of work.