We are glad to announce the competition for the fulfillment of the vacant position – Communication Analyst.
Who we are:
The Business Ombudsman Council is a non-governmental organization and an independent permanent advisory body of the Cabinet of Ministers, established with the participation of the EBRD, the OECD, leading Ukrainian business associations and the Government. The BOC reviews B2G complaints concerning malpractice of state bodies. For more than 6 years the BOC protects business interests of Ukrainian and international companies and entrepreneurs against the actions of state or municipal bodies or their authorities. Most of the complaints concern tax (65%) and criminal (15%) legal issues.
PURPOSE OF JOB
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply by emailing their CV (not exceeding 2 pages) along with a Motivation Letter in English with the subject line “Vacancy of Communication Analyst” on email@example.com
Deadline: January 31, 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in the next stage of the process (which include a written task and an interview).
- The Communications Analyst is a member of the Secretariat of the Business Ombudsman Council. The Communications Analyst reports to the Business Ombudsman and will work alongside the Communication Assistant, collaborating with the two Deputies and BOC team.
- The role of the Communication Analyst is to review and analyze economic trends, policy reforms and government initiatives, analyze data and contribute to the design and preparation of BOC communication and public reporting products.
- The Communication Analyst is expected to work both independently and as a BOC team member on a variety of projects and will support other strategic tasks and efforts, as needed.
- Perform research and analysis of economic trends, themes, and their implications for the state of Ukrainian business. Together with the BOC team, develops business environment sector expertise.
- Provide analytical support to the Business Ombudsman, and, as required, Deputies and the BOC team, including assisting in drafting briefing notes and literature reviews.
- Collecting and compiling information to help explore issues under investigation, and explain the solutions proposed by the BOC.
- Create meaningful data visualizations that meet the information needs of both the BOC team and our stakeholder and public audiences.
- Define new areas of focus based on interaction with the business community and opinion leaders.
- Develop analytical methods, databases, and models to support the analysis of the state of business in Ukraine, especially as it relates to the caseload and systemic advisory activities of the BOC.
- Support in creating data-driven communication messages and materials.
- Ability to gather and analyze data and present findings in respect to trends of the national and local economies
- Strong analytical mindset, a passion for data analysis, discovery, and visualization.
- Ability to manage datasets to draw quantitative and strategy-forming insights.
- Ability to assimilate facts quickly and effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with stakeholders, public officials and individuals that communicate with the BOC.
- Experience with social listening tools and/or media monitoring platforms is helpful but not required.