Vacancy: Junior Investigator
Location: Business Ombudsman Council (Kyiv, Ukraine)
• Conduct in-depth researches on relevant laws, regulations, and legal articles;
• Identify, obtain, review and analyse all documentation relevant to the investigation;
• Draft correspondence and legal documents;
• Liaise with complainants and government officials to schedule meetings;
• Gather and arrange legal documents for investigator’s review and case preparation;
• Assist in investigating the facts of a complaint/case;
• Organize and maintain documents electronically in Case Management System;
• Assist in the preparation of investigation reports including findings, analysis and recommendations, when required;
• Prepare translations from Ukrainian into English and vice versa;
• Provide technical support related investigators’ participation in expert groups;
• Assist with follow-ups on systemic reports and feedback questionnaires’ obtaining.
• Master degree in law;
• At least 2 years of legal experience;
• Experience of complaint handling and dispute analysis/resolution is considered an asset;
• Demonstrated experience in preparation of detailed reports dealing with individual and systemic issues, including identifying and applying relevant legislation;
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex legal, commercial and financial information;
• Well-developed research skills;
• Excellent command of English and Ukrainian, both written and spoken, together with the ability to draft in English and Ukrainian to a very high standard.
• Have good interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Demonstrate an open-minded approach to issues and be committed to forming an impartial opinion;
• Illustrate good judgment and sound decision-making ability, with a detailed approach to information handling;
• Be able to organize, manage and schedule multiple tasks in a timely and resource efficient manner;
• Be self-motivated and show a desire to continuously perform at a high level.
This is a full time position and will be subject to the successful completion of a 3-months probation period. If interested, please send your CV (in English) and cover letter to email@example.com, subject: Junior investigator.
The deadline for applications is December 2, 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in the next stage of the process.