Business Ombudsman Council together with American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine would like to invite you to the knowledge seminar: “Market vs AMCU. Appeals in Public Procurement and Economic Competition Areas. How to Increase Efficiency?” that wil take place on July 14, at 11 a.m. in online format.
The participation is FREE. Please register for the event at the link: https://bit.ly/2YEAiFy. The registration is open till 6 p.m., July 13. We will send the link for the webinar to your email.
❓What is the webinar about?
The issue of effective protection of rights and interests of business in public procurement and against unfair competition is always relevant. Due to the recent significant amendments to the public procurement legislation, there are not only new horizons for business, but also certain risks. The topic of economic competition protection is quite complex and ambiguous from a practical point of view. During the seminar, the Council’s investigators will share their experience of how to effectively use the administrative appeal procedure as well as the Business Ombudsman Council’s assistance to protect business.
In particular, we will consider:
1. Common violations of the law when making public procurement. The order and procedure for lodging public procurement related complaints with the AMCU Collegium
2. Participation of the Business Ombudsman Council in the consideration of public procurement related complaints: practical cases and advice
3. Monitoring of public procurement procedures by the State Audit Service as a control mechanism: practical aspects
4. Typology of complaints received by the Council. What to expect from the AMCU in certain investigations?
5. Ways to enhance interaction with the AMCU
Olena Litvinova Kutsai the Business Ombudsman Council’s investigator. Olena is a professional expert in complex issues of real estate, energy, natural resources and taxation; she has practical experience in solving complex GR cases. In total, Olena considered over 600 complaints with a financial effect for business worth over UAH 1.3 billion.
Владислав Жабський (Vladyslav Zhabskyi), the Business Ombudsman Council investigator. Vladislav has over 12 years of experience in business protection, judicial representation, investment projects support and solving complex GR cases. In the Business Ombudsman Council, Vladyslav is responsible for preparing and holding Expert Groups meetings with the Main Department of the State Tax Service in Kyiv and the Main Department of the State Tax Service in Kyiv Oblast. These Expert Groups consider the most complex tax complaints in Kyiv and Kyiv Oblast, addressed by businesses to the Business Ombudsman Council. He is a co-author of the Business Ombudsman Council’s systemic report “Business Focus on Labor-Related Issues” (2019).